Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm a Mommy!

Well, I was going to write an elaborate blog to explain all the details of the past few days. But, as most of you now know, I am a mom now and simple don't have the brain power or the energy to think and type it all. So, in a nut shell, this is what happened.

Thursday morning (10/30) I woke up thinking that something was wrong. So, I got up, called the midwife, went into the office and found out that my membranes were ruptured. I was sent immediately to the hospital and admitted. My white count was high, so they decided to induce me. 36 long hours later, Ryan Christopher Almond was welcomed into the world. His stats were: 4lbs 15.5oz. 15 3/4in long, and his apgar scores were 8 & 9.

Ryan is doing really well. He is in the NICU until he gains weight 3 days in a row, and is completely taking a bottle or the breast. He isn't on oxygen, finished his antibiotics yesterday, and will be off his IV soon. He does have a feeding tube in his nose, but it is only being used to finish his feedings. He is eating from a bottle, and we are working on the breast. He is a feisty little thing and knows exactly what he wants and doesn't want! :-) I am going to have my hands full!

I will post pics soon! Thank you for all your prayers and support.

3 comments:

BE said...

I having been waiting to hear an update. I am so glad he is doing well and hopefully will be able to come home soon! Can't wait to see pics of him, I'm sure he is a cutie!

Shannon said...

So good to hear from you. We have been praying for you, Jake, and especially Ryan. I have been getting news from Leigh via texting from Jake, lol. Can't wait to see him!!!!

Leigh N said...

I'm so glad you are both doing well! I saw the pictures and knew he was here--but I wanted to know how it all happened and how it was going. SO glad you blogged--have been searching for any information about the birth from you on myspace, facebook, and your blog several times a day! We love you and are SOOO glad you all are doing well!