Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Life goes on...

This past weekend I was able to get away for a friends graduation. It was a much needed break, even though it was only a day and a half. However, all good things must come to an end, and on my way home Jake let me know that Ryan was sick. So, back to reality for me, and back to the Dr. for Ryan. Sunday and Monday he ran a fever all day. If the motrin wore off, it would spike to almost 102. Monday night his fever broke and we assumed that he probably had a viral infection, but decided we should take him the Dr anyway, just to make sure. An hour in the office and one throat swab later we were informed that he has strep throat. Not fun. So, then it was off to WONDERFUL wally world, where Ryan and I had to wait an hour and a half to get his medicine. For whatever reason, they had it in their system to not fill it until the next morning. So, that was adjusted to immediately. Then, they stopped filling it because someone thought they were out of it, but they didn’t page me to tell me this. They waited until I came back 45mins later (as I was instructed to do) to let me know there was a problem. As I am talking with the lady, it comes up on their screen that it was a mistake and they are going to finish filling it. (UGH!) I was told to come back in 10-15mins. Which I did, and it still wasn’t ready. Finally we got the meds and came home. It was a long afternoon and Ryan and I were both very tired and cranky. We ate supper and he went to bed. Then I treated myself to oreos and milk. J Talk about therapy! LOL! Things should start to get back to normal on Thursday. I can go back to work, and he can go back to preschool. Woohoo! I did need a break, but I hate that Ryan being sick was the cause of it. I’m just glad that he is getting better, and that we didn’t wait on the dr appt. Here’s to a better rest of the week, and a great weekend. (can’t wait to see you Leigh!)

No comments: