Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's a slow one....

So far today, it has been really slow at work. I am just sitting here, trying to think of something to do. There are things to do, but none of them are calling my name right now. I still have a cold, and every now and then I get chills. I would really like to be outside right now. It is going to be 79 today. 79 on the 12th of December! It doesn't feel like Christmas is near. But, it doesn't seem that way for several reasons. The stresses of moving, and money, and family matters are finally starting to catch up to Jake and I.
God has always been good to us, and we have never gone without. So, I don't know why we worry so much. I just remind myself that we have come so far in the past 3 yrs. We have gone from living with his parents, then a camper, an apartment, a small but nice house, to living at the beach. It seems sometimes that we are always taking a step back, but the truth is we are taking at least 3 steps forward and only 1 back. We are making progress, even if it isn't as fast as we would like. I will probably have to read my own blog at least 2x a day through the new year just to cheer myself up!
I did get my car finally. That is one thing to be very thankful for. Although, I am really nervous driving now. I know people were angry at me this morning, b/c I wouldn't go over the speed limit, and I would stay way back from the cars in front of me. (even if it meant going really slow) People do not know how to drive here. They are on a delayed response. People slam on breaks for no reason, cut you off in traffic, and just do random wierd things while driving. No one pays attention to what they are doing. So, as you can see, I am very freaked out about driving now!
Well, I need to do a few things, but if anything changes I will let you know!

BTW: Jake's grandmother is in the hospital. Her kidneys were failing, and she has been on medication. She seems to be doing some better, but the Dr. is going to release her into a nursing home. Please keep her and the family in your prayers. It is going to be very hard on grandpa, he has never had to be without her.

No comments: